2. Do: Use a spray tan just on your legs, a light-colored spray tan if you don't use it on your arms or the rest of your body. Otherwise, use leg make-up. I know, sounds awful, but it looks great, actually much nicer than most spray tans! Sally Hansen makes a great one that you can get at the drugstore.
3. DON'T have arm swing. If you like your arms, you can show them off. But be realistic; are they really toned and smooth? Did you look at your arms from behind, too?
4. DON"T go as short as you can! Save the mini-skirts for winter when you can wear opaque tights with them. With bare legs, the mini on someone over 50 just looks wrong... sometimes almost naked, even if your legs are beautiful.
|So many things wrong here!|
5. DON'T pile on the bronzer. Be judicious and use a lighter color bronze than you may think you should use. You don't want to look like a terracotta pot. What you want is a glow.
|Everyone has seen her, but are you sporting the same look with makeup?|
6. DON'T go more than one shade darker with your summer foundation. Again, you want a bit of color, but you don't want to sweat brown or have streaks on your face. Add most of your color with powder.
7. DO: Change your colors. Try pinks and corals and lighten up on the red. This not only goes for your lipstick and blush, but also for finger and toe-nails. Pinks are especially flattering to older skin. Dark red polish will age your hands and feet.
8. DO: Wear a sunscreen. All the time, and all over, not just on your face.
9. DO wear underwear the same color as your skin, especially if you are wearing a lot of white. People who have to look at you from behind will thank you. By the way, this tip is good for any age, not just those over 50.
10. DON'T wear short-shorts. Do I even have to mention this? Good.